Sunday, December 19, 2010

Auto Assembly 2010 Remembered


This post is terribly terribly late... I said before in a previous post I wasn't sure if I was going to go Auto Assembly (AA2010) in Birmingham England in August 2010. Turns out I was able to go afterward. (No I didn't sell enough cards, but everything worked out in the end... we just didn't buy that lovely computer I've been chomping at the bit to buy...) But I did it... I went and had the TIME OF MY LIFE!!

As you can see by the picture in this post... the Underbase was able to interview some of our favorite people at Auto Assembly! James Roberts and Nick Roche! Wonderful creators and wonderful human beings!! We also interviewed Simon Furman, most likely the father of Transformers because he's written so much of it. (Wonderful interview, I might add!) And I interviewed Colorist Liam Shalloo! (Which still hasn't been posted yet...)

And lets not forget to mention ALL THE PEOPLE and FANS that I met who I'd never met before. So many people I'll never be able to list them all but yet will never forget how awesome it was to meet them in person. All of my Moonbase2 contacts, including founders Dave Wallace and Andy Millman... some of my IDW peeps, one of which is the elusive HdE... all friends who I will be in contact with for years to come!

Course one picture hardly explains what it was like to be at Auto Assembly. There were contests, voice actors, karaoke, cake, late nights, and great singers! There were toys and artists, comics, auctions, performances, special guests, and birthday wishes! (Yeah, I had my birthday there so it was AWESOME!) There was even a little fire alarm interruption to the convention as well, but it all worked out! I just got a well rounded flavor of everything the convention had to offer and hopefully next year I'll be doing more!

The thing is, I had such a good time that I'm sure I'll be coming back again in the future if I can! The England fans are the best around. Course I say this and I've not gotten the chance to visit Botcon yet, so I will be doing that 2011! So if you'll be there... be on the lookout for me! I have a whole list of people who I just have to meet in the US Con so... yeah, making an appearance this coming new year!

And if you are going to be at AA2011... I may just be there as well. Be on the lookout... or check out this blog and see if I'm on my way there?

1 comment:

Duh_Prez said...

I love that picture, but it does make james' head look unusually large :)

B